Monday 25 October 2010

Completed Moodboard

Laura Ashley 
Inspired Designs Competition

For my mood board I have chosen the living room, which as the brief outlined should have the feel of a ‘drawing room’. As the kitchen would include a living/dining space I felt the living room needed to be somewhere more traditional and perhaps somewhere used for entertaining guests and act as a formal space. I have initially focused on traditional Victorian colours as from the description of the room it features a bay window, therefore I imagined the home as a character property. I have chosen to use hints of Laura Ashley’s Cranberry colour throughout the room to give a feeling of warmth. I felt this shade was perfect for Autumn/Winter with it’s feeling of richness but also the flowers on the Gosford wallpaper help add a Summery feel, helping the room work in all seasons. I chose the Gosford paper as the subtly of the print reminded me of classic Victorian wallpaper, yet also linked nicely with the client being a former florist. I have also opted to use gold as an accent colour, bringing elegance into the room and again reflecting Victorian tradition. I have chosen to fill the room with a variety of texture, layering cranberry curtains and cushions, mixed in with subtle beiges in the rug to tie the room together.  I have opted to use darker wood furniture from the Balmoral range as this compliments the deep cranberries and overall gives the room an elegant, sophisticated feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment