Sunday 19 December 2010

Burning...







I have been  creating stencil patterns of roses and opium plants using fabric. I have then burnt the fabric to create an unusual shape. I like the idea of creating a narrative through the fabric and how burning it echos a negative feel to the work. Initially I have hung them up and photographed them but I quite like the idea of hanging something in the background behind them to create a different background. This is my first attempt of a rose. Using a candle I gradually burnt through the fabric and found wax and fire to be quite an interesting medium to work with as the wax dripped randomly around the fabric and you could never tell what direction the flame would take, making it quite a random and spontaneous way of working.

No comments:

Post a Comment