Wednesday 24 November 2010

Artist

Artist Summary

Chris Natrop is a LA based artist, primarily known for his work with cut out paper. He has since began working with different materials such as plastics and projection aswell as continuing his work with paper.

My Thoughts.


I find Naptrop's work really amazing, the detail of each piece of work is immense and shows a great care for such delicate installations. I love how he transforms paper into something completely unique. Although his work is different to mine I am aware he uses projection which is something I enjoy working with and plan on doing so later in the year. His method of cutting into paper could also be applied to fabric and working into different textiles which is something I would like to try. So far I have printed onto fabric but I would like to attempt cutting into the fabric, perhaps by hand or on a laser cutter. 







No comments:

Post a Comment