Thursday 7 April 2011

Cardboard Table- First Attempt


Here is my first attempt at a cardboard table. I have cut the cardboard base in two pieces which slot together forming a sturdy base. However, for the real thing I think i will have to double up the card on each side to strengthen it even more. I have tried out a pattern on the sides, by cutting into the cardboard a curved shape, yet I am not sure if I like the fussiness of it. The top of the table is round, yet this shape has proven rather difficult to cut as the cardboard is much more stable and neat when creating a square shape. I will experiment with other bases and table tops before deciding on a final piece. Sadly, the cardboard can't be laser cut as it is too thick, meaning every piece will have to be carefully hand cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment