Monday 25 April 2011

Cuckcoo Clock



I have been working for two days on my cuckoo clock which will feature in my room on wheels, and it is finally complete! I have made something really decorative and pretty, yet it still holds that conceptual idea of being made from cardboard. I think at a first glance it may not look like a cardboard clock, especially if it were to be painted. My main reasoning for making a clock is that even when made of cardboard the clock still acts as a useable object. This idea remains very important to me. For instance, I could make bookshelves very easily that looked like shelving, yet they need to have the strength and stability to act as shelving and not just look that way. Hopefully, I will be able to achieve this by testing out different ways of reinforcing cardboard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment