Wednesday 23 March 2011

Park Benches





I have also been testing just my cushions on park benches, again as a way to draw attention to the public for those who don't have a home. Three of the cushions say 'Home Sweet Home' and one says 'Home, What Home?' which I think is important for this mini-installation to work. I think that by subtly changing the order of the cushions means that the audience wouldn't necessarily notice the alteration of text.

I am pleased with how my experiments went, but again I think I need to make my cushion text bolder for it to stand out on the photographs. However, if the cushions could stay outside on the bench for just passer-buyers to see then the project has worked, as the work isn't for a good photograph it is to make a point, so hopefully I have done this.

No comments:

Post a Comment