Wednesday 19 January 2011

Artists Who Use Text

Chris Johanson

Cary Leibowitz

Mark Mahosky

Heath Nash

Kate O'Connor

Trevor Reese


Alyse Santoro


Sighn

Here are some images I have found of artists who use text to create their work. I enjoy the variety of media each artist uses and the messages they each convey. As I am currently using text in my work I have found it useful to see what other artist's are doing with fonts and materials. I have been sewing into socks to convey my message aswell as making bunting featuring text and have come across artists who also use stitching as a way of expression. I want to try printing and stenciling text onto different items and develop the idea further.


(Images taken from http://aaronkrach.com/artists-who-use-text-to-say-nice-things/) 

No comments:

Post a Comment